Beauty with a Conscience
At Spa Ceylon we have a fierce love for, and commitment to, the wellbeing of our community, country, planet and fellow creatures. We have applied that commitment at every phase of our business and nowhere is it more apparent than in the way we formulate our products.
Each and every one of the products in our ranges are guaranteed,
- Paraben Free - Parabens are commonly used as preservatives and appear in everything from sunscreens to toothpastes. Parabens have been discovered to possibly contribute to serious medical conditions and while the proof of this is still forthcoming, we at Spa Ceylon have chosen to avoid the usage of Parabens altogether.
- Paraffin Free - Used as a lubricant and emulsifier, paraffin forms the base of many skincare creams. The bottom line however is that paraffin is actually derived from the petroleum refining process. In fact, Paraffin wax is the final by-product in the chain. We at Spa Ceylon have chosen to avoid the usage of Paraffin in our products.
- Alcohol Free - Alcohol is used by many skin care brands in everything from cleansers to moisturisers. Ethyl alcohol or ethanol and isopropyl alcohol are included because of their effectiveness as preservatives and solvents. There are detrimental effects such as dryness, which allows other ingredients to penetrate the skin. With our products you can rest assured that you will suffer none of these side effects.
- Not Tested On Animals & 100% Vegetarian - Spa Ceylon has never and will never, test its products on animals. We believe that animals belong in the wild, not in the laboratory. No animal by-products. Everything we source is 100% cruelty free and natural.
- We promote Sustainable Harvesting & Support Community Fair Trade -Sustainable Harvesting is a form of agriculture that uses a resource in a way that ensures that it is not depleted or permanently damaged. Fair Trade means that we help develop sustainable businesses that have a positive effect on the surrounding communities. It also means that any produce we obtain from these farms is well and fairly paid for. Our Moe Vera project in Kalpitiva is a great example of Fair Trade at work.